Monday to Friday : 10.30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Saturdays : 10.30 A.M. to 2.30 P.M.
Borrowing hours: Issue of books will ordinarily commence half an hour after the scheduled time of opening and will be stopped one hour before the scheduled time of closing the library.
Library Membership Registration
Membership of the college library for the purpose of enjoying facilities of reading & borrowing are open to
Regular students, will be allowed to borrow 2 (two) books from the College Library for a period of 15 (fifteen) days.
Students who have (i) dropped out, i.e. student who completed the college classes in any subject but have not appeared in the university exam, will have to take re-admission in the college in order to avail himself / herself of library facilities like regular students. (ii) failed to clear University exam: will be allowed to avail the reading facilities only until the next university exam on payment of a fee of Rs.100/-
Alumni, i.e. Ex-Faculty members or ex-students of the college can have library facilities except lending after getting permission from the College Principal together with the proof of their association with the college (for ex-students only).
Others who may be allowed by the college authorities: The College Principal / College Librarian may allow at his/her own discretion the library reading facilities to outside scholars / students of Netaji Subhas Open University for a period of 1 (one) month at a time.
- Library cards will have to be shown at the time of entering the library. Entry to the library will solely depend on the discretion of the College Librarian.
- Unauthorised persons / non-members of the library shall have no access to the library.
- Conversation, talking, sleeping, smoking, loitering & tiffin taking are not allowed within the library premises. Mobile phones are also not allowed within the library premises.
- Without obtaining special permission from the College Principal / Librarian, nobody except faculty members shall enter the stack area or any other part of the library not ordinarily opened to him/her.
- At the time of entering the library, all personal belongings shall be deposited at the prescribed counter kept beside the library entrance and must be taken back when the depositor leaves the library. The Library will not be liable for any loss/damage caused to the unclaimed deposits.
- The library cards are not transferable.
- Loss of Library Card: In case of loss/damage of library card for the first time, a duplicate one will be issued on payment of Rs.20/-
- Reissue/Renewal of library book: Any student can reissue or renew his/her home issued library book for maximum 2 times with one month duration each provided the home issued book has not been on demand by other members of the library.
- Overdue charges for students will be Re. 1/- per day per book.
- At the time of issuing a book, every user is expected to examine it carefully and the cases of mutilation, defacement or damage, if any, should immediately be brought to the notice of the concerned library staff at the issue counter, subsequently, the person to whom the book was issued last will be held responsible for the condition of the book and he/she must compensate either by binding/repairing of the book as decided by the College Librarian.
- The reference books, rare books, periodicals, reports, and books of some special collections as well as career guidance books and books marked as “NOT TO BE LENT OUT” are not to be issued outside of the library.
- Reading Room Service: The college library has a spacious reading room where users can read documents. Ordinarily not more than 2(two) books at a time will be allowed to be retained for use in the reading room. Again personal books or already home issued books can not be consulted in the reading room.
- Loss of Library Book: Person held responsible for loss/damage/defacement or mutilation of library book shall be liable to compensate the library by replacing with a new copy i.e. current edition of the book lost, damaged, etc. and if the book is not available in the market, he/she must pay the library twice the price of original book.
- Library Clearance: It is mandatory for every library member to collect his/her library clearance certificate from the college library, at the end of his/her study, by surrendering library cards, paying any accumulated library dues etc. For students. library clearance certificate will be issued only once in the third year normally between 11.30 A.M.-3.30 P.M. on Monday-Friday and 11.30 A.M.-1.30 P.M. on Saturdays. At the time of obtaining library clearance, a student must bring all of his/her library cards together with the all the fees book of first, second and third year. Without these documents library clearance certificate will not be issued to the students.
The Library Rules framed above are subject to change, may be altered and amended from time to time or new rules may be added by the college authority and that will be effective and binding to all concerned.
E-CORNER (COMPUTER/INTERNET) USAGE RULES
Internet Surfing Hours may be done between:
Monday to Friday : 11.30 A.M. to 4 P.M.
Saturdays : 11.30 A.M. to 2 P.M.
Use of Internet is a privilege granted for classroom related projects / study only.
The Students will use it exclusively for educational/academic purpose under the supervision of their departmental teachers / permission from the College Librarian.
The Students will not be permitted to use/allow:
- E-mail (other than academic or career related purpose)
- Playing games
- Facebook or any social networking site
- Any other obscene or obnoxious website
- Installing/updating/downloading any kind of software without permission from College Librarian
- Using Scanner without permission from College Librarian
- Print out
Should a user commit any Violation, disciplinary action may be taken by the college authority.
“Be Considerate of Others”.
Faculty members, Staff members and Students are not expected to surf Internet for more than 60 (Sixty) minutes & 30 (thirty) minutes respectively at a time.
Downloading: Library members can have the opportunity to download/copy file(s), question papers, etc. to their respective external storage devices, may be CD or Pen drive or the like, only after taking permission from/intimation to the College Librarian. However, for students, permission from the Principal / concerned Faculty member / College Librarian is needed before downloading a large file (more than 10 MB).
Any Personal file created should not be stored in the computers after the task is complete.
Food or drink must not be taken in the vicinity of the network areas.